A Forum For Everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should the schools do?

3 posters

Go down

What should the schools do?

What should the schools do? Vote_lcap0%What should the schools do? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What should the schools do? Vote_lcap0%What should the schools do? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What should the schools do? Vote_lcap50%What should the schools do? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
What should the schools do? Vote_lcap50%What should the schools do? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

What should the schools do? Empty What should the schools do?

Post by Melissa, manager Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 am

Do you believe that evolution or creation should be taught in schools? I believe that our schools need to focus on teaching children how to read and write, and not worry about teaching about Darwin or God. I think it should be the parents who teach either evolution of Creation.
This is clearly the most equitable and constitutional approach. Many people have been led to believe, however, that court decisions restricting "religious" teaching in the public schools apply to "creation" teaching and not to "evolution" teaching. Nevertheless, creationism is actually a far more effective scientific model than evolutionism, and evolution requires a far more credulous religious faith in the illogical and unproveable than does creation. An abundance of sound scientific literature is available today to document this statement, but few evolutionists have bothered to read any of it. Many of those whohave read it have become creationists!
http://www.icr.org/article/48/

What's your opinion?
Melissa, manager
Melissa, manager
Admin
Admin

https://aforumforeveryone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What should the schools do? Empty Re: What should the schools do?

Post by LorraineG Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 am

I don't agree with you on that point. In fact, I'm not certain about this question, but I think that the most important thing to take account of in that kind of decision is that we have to teach our children the truth. Creationism is a religious theory, not a scientific theory. I'm not against teaching that to children, if and only if we tell the children that is a metaphor, a way to see our world, our universe. The role of school is also there to teach us how to react, how to be. School is not only for learning how to write, how to speak. It can teach us about "good manners", about the living as a part of a group but, most of all, teach us how develop our critical thinking skills.

Thereby, and as far as I'm concerned, I don't think that religious theories should intervene in the subjects of public schools. Religion should be reserved for the sphere of family.

LorraineG

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa, manager Fri May 02, 2014 11:57 am

LorraineG wrote:I don't agree with you on that point. In fact, I'm not certain about this question, but I think that the most important thing to take account of in that kind of decision is that we have to teach our children the truth. Creationism is a religious theory, not a scientific theory. I'm not against teaching that to children, if and only if we tell the children that is a metaphor, a way to see our world, our universe. The role of school is also there to teach us how to react, how to be. School is not only for learning how to write, how to speak. It can teach us about "good manners", about the living as a part of a group but, most of all, teach us how develop our critical thinking skills.

Thereby, and as far as I'm concerned, I don't think that religious theories should intervene in the subjects of public schools. Religion should be reserved for the sphere of family.

Hi LorraineG. Welcome to the forum.

So what you're saying is that schools should teach religion as methophor as well as social skills? If a child's parents are religious they may not want their child learning that his/ her religion is only a theory or metophor. God is seen as being very real, Jesus really did die on the cross, and there is a Heaven and a Hell. These views are often seen in religious families as being the most important reasons why humanity exists. If the schools began teaching that religions are wrong many, many parents would take their kids out of school and home school them.

As for social skills and "good manners", I agree that the schools need to teach children how to behave properly when in public. But again, cultural values on how one should behave varies from family to family. How would the schools be able to teach a value to a particular child that may go against that chid's family's values?
I think that schools should stick to the basics; the three "R's."
Melissa, manager
Melissa, manager
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HaroldT Sat May 10, 2014 8:58 am

I don't think the schools should put any emphisis on either Creation of evolution. However, there is a lot more evidence for Creation than there ever could be for evolution. If you are gong to teach one, teach them both.
Harold
(how do I get to hear the squirril play that horn?:-)

HaroldT

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa, manager Sat May 10, 2014 4:27 pm

HaroldT wrote:I don't think the schools should put any emphisis on either Creation of evolution. However, there is a lot more evidence for Creation than there ever could be for evolution. If you are gong to teach one, teach them both.
Harold
(how do I get to hear the squirril play that horn?:-)

I agree. They both should be taught or neither at all. But I think it's best to just stick to the basics and allow parents to teach about Creation.

There isn't any sound coming from the horn, but it would be cool if there was.
Melissa, manager
Melissa, manager
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HaroldT Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:38 am

Parents only teach what they learn. How to fix a meal from the freezer. How to mix drinks. What did they learn in school? From what I am seeing today, nothing.

HaroldT

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa, manager Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:20 pm

HaroldT wrote:Parents only teach what they learn. How to fix a meal from the freezer. How to mix drinks. What did they learn in school? From what I am seeing today, nothing.

Society is getting dumber. So too is how parents are raising their kids today.
Melissa, manager
Melissa, manager
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum